The Mission of the Shelburne Historical Society is to bring alive the history and cultural heritage of Shelburne, Vermont, because an understanding of the past enriches lives and builds better communities.
Our goals are to:
- Bring together people with a common interest in the history of Shelburne, Vermont.
- Explore the best means of collecting, preserving, cataloguing, digitizing, publishing, and exhibiting material relating to the history of Shelburne, Vermont.
- Promote and encourage research on and the study of local history.
- Investigate owning, managing, and maintaining a site for the preservation and display of historic objects and documents.
- Seek opportunities to work with schools in encouraging youth to become actively engaged in the mission of the Shelburne Historical Society so that the Town’s history and cultural heritage will be passed on to future generations.